Traditionally used as a natural remedy for colds and flu, as well as symptoms of stress. It is also known to relieve asthma, headaches, anxiety, depression, and reduce inflammation. This is one I like to use when I'm feeling a little extra stress and anxiety. (This pairs well with a Cedar Wand!) This palo santo is ethically sourced.
This listing is for one Palo Santo stick.
How to Use: 1. Plan your ritual. Decide what you are trying to accomplish by burning this sage.
2. Prepare.. Lay out a ceramic dish, a bowl, an incense tray, a shell, or any other vessel that will catch the ash. Fill the vessel with clean sand, rich earth, or sea salt.
3. Open your windows and doors. This will give the sage smoke--along with any negative energy--a way to leave your home.
4. Light your sage/palo santo. Dry sage will catch fire very quickly. Be careful. Make sure that the sage has burned enough that the embers will continue to smoke. If the smoke ceases before you are done with your ritual, you can carefully light the sage again.
5. Speak your intention for each room. For example, say: "I cleanse this room of any impurities, negativity, or anything that does not suit or support the people that live here."
6. Walk around each room wafting smoke into every corner; trace the walls, the windows, and the ceiling.
I typically start at the back of the house and work my way forward. Be sure to also sage yourself! To extinguish quickly, you can cover sage or palo santo with a glass bowl. Depriving it of oxygen will extinguish. Please use caution around pets and people with respiratory issues. Use caution and do not allow embeds to fall and ignite.